What you’ll get
Duration : 2 days 1 night
Departure : Ho Chi Minh City
Suitable : Family, Friends, All of people
Type : Cruise tour
Product Code : T30DRE02
On this tour you have more time to discover the sights of the Mekong Delta and enjoy the river life. You can visit two famous floating markets of Cai Rang and Cai Be. On several land excursions you have the chance to see local handicraft production, colorful brick kilns, opulent orchards and peaceful villages. Take an excursion with a small rowing Sampan or a short bike trip to explore the small side canals of the mighty Mekong river.
- Spend a leisure day on strolling slowly to enjoy peaceful life in village
- Join in attractive activities in bustling Cai Be or Cai Rang floating market
- Enjoy spectacular sunsets over the magnificent water landscape on Mekong Delta
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
Double or twin cabin
Size : 14-16 m2
Bed size: 1 double bed or 2 twin beds
Price for Double or twin cabin
Choose date to show price
Total Option Price
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Easy & fast checkout
24/7 customer support
This option is fully booked, please change your date or contact us for more details.
- 2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Shuttle bus, Cruise
- Cruise Cabin
- Price Includes
- 4 savoury meals
- Free flow of coffee and tea
- Transfer from Saigon by shuttle bus
- Mineral water placed in your cabin
- Side trips on sampans as mentioned in the itineraries
- Accommodation in cosy double or twin bedded cabins
- Price Excludes
- Other Drinks
- Tips and personal expenses
- Private transfer from/to Saigon (bookable)
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 90% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Panorama River Cruise
In the morning we take you to Can Tho or Cai Be. You board your comfortable wooden river cruise vessel around noon. After a refreshing welcome drink we show you our on-board facilities and your cosy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people.
In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through a village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields. Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits.
Get back on board and enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape of the Mekong river. The cruise boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner. You stay overnight on board your floating hotel in the Mekong Delta.
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: Mekong Eyes Cruise
- Day 2: Life on the water and floating markets
Wake up well rested to the sound of the river and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing in the Mekong Delta. At 6.30h the cruise vessel sets off for a sunrise cruise. Watch the locals go about their daily work drying exotic fruits and building ships on the wooden yards while enjoying an early breakfast.
After breakfast, we will board a sampan boat to Cai Be or Cai Rang floating market, the region’s busiest and most lively markets. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits, vegetables and skilfully handcrafted regional products. We will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants. We will also visit some of the local candy and cake making factories or boat through the green water landscape to see local houses, verdant orchards and ship-building yards. After the excursion to the market it is time to start the journey back to Saigon. Have lunch break at Mekong Rest Stop on the way.
Meals: B, L
Accommodation: Mekong Eyes Cruise
- Day 3: An exotic world of its own
After breakfast and an early start through the glorious morning atmosphere on the Mekong river we will visit another floating market. Be sure not to miss the great photo opportunities for authentic snapshots of the Mekong people and their life.
Take another sampan side trip right into the lush rural landscape, the fertile fields, the exuberant green. Then it’s time to pack up and return to the pier from which we started.
The Mekong Delta cruise boat tour ends at around 11.00 — 11.30h on the pier. On even dates, you will have lunch at the Mekong Rest Stop. On odd dates, lunch is served in Vinh Long City.
Meals: B, L
- The floating markets in the Mekong Delta are no tourist markets but wholesale markets where produce of the Mekong Delta like fruits and vegetables are traded. For this reason the number of boats on the market fluctuates depending on harvesting seasons and market demand. Furthermore, modern wholesale markets are becoming more popular in Vietnam. This can result in decreasing numbers of boats being present on the markets.
- Route and excursions may be subjects to changes without prior notice
Questions & Answers
9.5Based on 4 reviews
Value for money9.8
07 Sep 2011
We had booked together with a friendly family on the Mekong Eyes. Since apparently no one else had booked that day, we got the smaller Dragon Eyes together with our friends. So we had the whole boat for ourselves. Of course that was very convenient and the children liked it very much that they had everything for themselves and had to take no consideration for other guests. We were four adults and three children and we had 5 men available for us. You want more water. It was a glorious ride through the middle of the green of the Mekong Delta. Even though it rained heavily on the first day and we got wet quite well on the shore despite rain poncho's, it was nice to get some dry clothes on board again and then enjoy the delicious dinner. Of course, on the second day, the children were especially happy about the visit to the confectionery factory and it was also very interesting for us adults to see how much manual work was still done here. It was all around a nice stay and a worthwhile visit.
25 Jul 2011
Our reservation for the big boat was changed to the Dragon Eyes. It was AWESOME! Seriously, we made a lot of great experiences with vietnamese hospitability but the crew exceeded all expactations. Lovely people, a beautiful boat, a great tour with unforgettable impressions. I am already planning the long trip to Cambodia... Thanks to everybody!
14 Jul 2011
A beautiful ship with very nice staff and very good food. The trip I would carry out again at any time. The tall ship allows a good view. The shore excursion is interesting and not too touristlike. Arrivals and departures were on time and the transfer to Saigon uncomplicated.
23 Oct 2010
We were traveling for 3 days / 2 nights with the Mekong Eyes and can definitely recommend this fantastic tour. Everything was just right on the tour (A rarity on our Vietnam trip): The ship itself is beautiful. The cabins are tastefully furnished and lack comfort. The whole crew (from the super nice guide, about the great chef to the kitchen, a non-stop-care restaurant staff) is the biggest effort, so you really from the first moment on board at home feels. The program is a successful mix of activities (country walks, visiting floating markets) where you have enough opportunity to get in contact with the inhabitants of the delta and watch them in their daily life and time to just relax and the beautiful landscape by itself allow. A special praise deserves perhaps the food on board: every meal is the purest banquet! Conclusion: a recommendable without any compromise tour, in the price / performance ratio is more than correct.