What you’ll get
Duration : 2 days 1 night
Departure : Ho Chi Minh City
Suitable : Family, Friends, All of people
Type : Cruise tour
The tour brings you to Cai Be or Can Tho from Saigon. It spends most of time on exploring the beautiful countryside of the Mekong Delta. This journey is a great chance to enjoy fantastic scenery and spectacular sunset over Mekong River. Especially, the private tour takes us to an exciting journey in immersed private life of Delta River where we can see bustling floating market and local houses. In addition, we shouldn’t miss occasion to visit some of the local candy factories to know more about the main daily work in villages. Our 2-day tours promise to offers a truly and unique experience on Mekong Delta.
- Enjoy the fantastic scenery and spectacular sunset over Mekong River
- Spend a leisure day stroll through fruit orchards, rice fields surrounded in the countryside
- Visit one of the busiest areas – Cai Be and Cai Rang bustling floating market to know more about their main daily work
- 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunches,1 Dinner
- A/C private transfer, Cruise
- Cruise Cabin
- Price Includes
- 4 savoury meals
- Private transfer from/to Saigon
- Mineral water placed in your cabin
- Side trips on sampans as mentioned in the itineraries
- Accommodation in cosy double or twin bedded cabins
- Price Excludes
- Tips and personal expenses
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Travel Package
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed (on request)
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Day 1: Panorama River Cruise
In the morning we take you to Can Tho or Cai Be. ou board your comfortable river cruiser in Cai Be. After a refreshing welcome drink we show you our on-board facilities and your cosy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong Delta people.
In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through a village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields. Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits.
Get back on board and enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape of the Mekong river. The cruise boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner. You stay overnight on board your floating hotel in the Mekong Delta.
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: Gecko Eyes Cruise
- Day 2: Cai Be/ Cai Rang floating markets
Wake up well rested to the sound of the river and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing in the Mekong Delta.
At 6.30h the cruise vessel sets off for a sunrise cruise. Watch the locals go about their daily work drying exotic fruits and building ships on the wooden yards while enjoying an early breakfast.
After breakfast, we will board a sampan boat to Cai Be or Cai Rang floating market, the region’s busiest and most lively markets. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits, vegetables and skilfully handcrafted regional products. We will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants. We will also visit some of the local candy and cake making factories or boat through the green water landscape to see local houses, verdant orchards and ship-building yards.
Meals: B, L
- Route and excursions may be subjects to changes without prior notice
- On even dates, you will have lunch at the Mekong Rest Stop. On odd dates, lunch is served in Vinh Long City.
- The floating markets in the Mekong Delta are no tourist markets but wholesale markets where produce of the Mekong Delta like fruits and vegetables are traded. For this reason the number of boats on the market fluctuates depending on harvesting seasons and market demand. Furthermore, modern wholesale markets are becoming more popular in Vietnam. This can result in decreasing numbers of boats being present on the markets.
Questions & Answers
9.3Based on 3 reviews
Value for money
26 Jan 2019
The organization is perfect for us to discover on this beautiful sampam the Mekong and its peripheral activities including those of local residents and also the brick factories and delicious confectionery. The house of the lover of Marguerite Duras as well as the various markets including the famous float of Cai rank have completed our curiosity. The crew and our dynamic guide knew how to do everything to satisfy us with both efficiency, discretion and exemplary kindness. .
23 Jan 2019
Our one-night cruise in a private sampan was wonderfully memorable. Boat is beautiful, designed with rattan throughout and outfitted with two beds and two commodious bathrooms with showers, allowing, but not requiring, sharing with friends. Staff was extremely friendly but not at all intrusive. English-speaking guide was very courteous and helpful. Boat is equipped with comfortable chairs at front of boat from which you take in sites and sounds on river. Your experience with river life is intimate, novel and enriching. My wife and I felt like river royalty. Highly recommended!!
15 Aug 2018
The sampan is the ideal way to stroll the waters of the Mekong. The interior space is very well designed with its two bedrooms, a bathroom, the dining area and the lounge at the front of the boat turned into a third bedroom for the night. The crew, very kind, knows how to be discreet despite the limited space. Our French-speaking guide introduced us to a coconut candy factory and a brick factory. The morning was occupied by the visit of the floating market of Cai Rang. A mini cruise to do absolutely.