Truc Lam Pagoda is the branch of Truc Lam Yen Tu Zen monastery. The pagoda is 5km from the center of Dalat city located on Phung Hoang mountain near Tuyen Lam Lake. This is not only the largest pagoda in Lam Dong, but also a sightseeing and worship place for many domestic and foreign tourists.
Overview of Truc Lam pagoda
The pagoda was firstly built in 1993 and it was completed in 1994, the pagoda architecture was designed by architect Vu Xuan Hung and Tran Duc Loc with the participation of the famous architect Ngo Viet Thu ( who designed the Independence Palace - now the Reunification Palace, Ho Chi Minh City) based on the design and planning idea of Zen monk Thich Thanh Tu. The pagoda is divided into 4 areas: the outer area, the resting area of the monks, the resting area of the abbot, the inner area of the male monks and the inner area of the female monks.
Truc Lam pagoda
Truc Lam Pagoda is a unique architectural work situated next to Tuyen Lam Lake. Going up from the side of Tuyen Lam Lake is a steep road with 140 stone steps, both sides of road are tall pine forests leading through 3 gateways to enter the main hall. The main hall has an area of 192 sq meters.
Looking down from the pagoda is Tuyen Lam Lake, the landscape here is so beautiful, the lake is clear and green. Beneath the hill, near Tinh Tam Lake is a 2-storey guesthouse, neatly located on a hill with a lush garden. In front of the guesthouse is lush bamboo forest. Standing in front of the yard, you can see the Elephant mountain bending its shadow down to Tuyen Lam lake.
Truc Lam Monastery is open for free from 5 am to 21 pm all days of the week.
Cable car fare
Guests can take the cable car from Robin Hill station to Truc Lam monastery or can ride motorbikes and cars.
The current cable car fare is VND 70,000 for round-trip tickets and VND 50,000 for one-way tickets.
Truc Lam pagoda
Tourist destinations near Truc Lam pagoda
If you intend to visit the Truc Lam Zen Monastery, you can visit nearby tourist sites below for convenience:
- Datanla Falls - this place you also have to follow Prenn Pass. But not turning into a place with a Buddha statue but having to go straight for another 100m, then you will see the tourist area.
- Tuyen Lam Lake - Located close to the Truc Lam Zen Monastery, you can walk down 140 steps of stairway. Or you can drive the car by two major roads of the Zen Monastery and vice versa.
- Sculpture tunnel - Located about 5 km from Truc Lam Monastery. When coming here to visit, you will admire the unique works of clay with the theme of re-simulating Da Lat and tourist sites.
- Dalat Cable Car - Located at the top of Prenn pass.
Notes when visiting the Truc Lam pagoda
- Truc Lam Zen Monastery is the pure place of the Buddha and also the place of practice for many Buddhists. So there is no trade inside the monastery. Wearing formal dress, you should not wear sensitive clothing.
- In the main hall area, you must keep in mind that you must take off footwear. Do not take photos inside the main hall.
- The internal areas are not allowed to visit.
- At Truc Lam Monastery, everyone is allowed to park their motorbikes for free.